EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION – PRIVACY STATEMENT
In submitting your University Hospitals employment application, you are agreeing to your personal information being used as outlined in the following statement. If you do not want your information to be used as follows, please do not submit your information.
Types of Information Collected
This Privacy Statement covers any employment application information you submit to University Hospitals, such as:
• Name, address, email address, telephone number, or other contact information;
• Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
• Information from interviews and phone-screening you may have, if any;
• Type of employment sought, desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
• Demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process;
• Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties; and/or
• Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to University Hospitals and/or any previous employment history with University Hospitals.
It is your responsibility to obtain consent from references before providing their personal information to University Hospitals.
Use of Collected Information
University Hospitals will use your information for the purposes of carrying out its application and recruitment process, which includes:
• Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against career opportunities;
• Verifying your information and conducting reference and/or background checks if you are offered a job;
• Communicating with you regarding the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including in appropriate cases, informing you of other employment opportunities at University Hospitals;
• Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
If you are offered and accept employment with University Hospitals, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
Who May Access Your Information
Select employees and departments such as your potential manager(s), employees of the Human Resources Department, Information Technology (for maintenance purposes), and select employees of our external service providers who support University Hospitals with the administration of recruitment applications, have access to your job application and the information submitted to and/or received by University Hospitals during the application and/or recruitment selection process.
University Hospitals may use external service providers acting on its behalf to perform some of the services described above including for the purposes of the verification / background checks. University Hospitals may sometimes by required to disclose your information to external third parties such as courts, regulatory bodies, and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
University Hospitals will also use your information to protect the rights and property of University Hospitals, applicants, employees, or the public, as required or permitted by law. We will also share your information with third parties, other than those identified in this Privacy Statement, if we have your consent or required by law.
University Hospitals takes appropriate steps to protect information about you that is collected, processed, and stored as part of its application and recruitment process.
Providing your application information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide all requested information, University Hospitals’ ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited.
By submitting your employment application, you are granting your consent to the processing of that information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, you can contact us in the following ways: Employment@UHhospitals.org
Changes to this Policy
University Hospitals’ handling of any information we collect from you (including information previously collected) will be governed by the most current version of this Privacy Statement. Please check the Privacy Statement regularly.